What is Class Dojo?
Class Dojo is a digital classroom management tool designed to help our teachers and school communicate more effectively with parents. It connects teachers with our pupils and parents to build amazing classroom communities.
Class Dojo is a great way for you to keep up to date with your child's class activities and school events.
Each pupil gets an avatar and teacher’s award dojo reward points for things such as good homework, participating in class, staying on task, completing good work, following our rules and school values. Teachers can use a tablet or computer to give points throughout the school day. Each pupil’s points can be displayed via a smart board, and parents, via their app, can see these. Teachers can communicate with parents on a 1:1 messaging service or via the class page where general class messages can be shared or via the whole school page.
Class Dojo also includes a messaging service. The messaging within Class Dojo is a great way to contact the class teacher and/or office staff to discuss any issues that may arise or to ask any questions you have. News and events will also be posted on the School story, along with any information parents need to know and letters.
All teachers using Class Dojo have set ‘quiet hours’ on their page. This may mean the teacher may not read or reply to messages out of the designated hours.
Quiet hours are between 5.00pm and 8.00am weekdays and all weekends and holidays.
We would still urge you to contact school via the school office if the message is urgent as we cannot guarantee the teacher will see the message straight away.
This gives you information about what is happening in school on a day to day basis. It may alert you to events ie parents evening, special events, or it may alert you to an issue you need to be aware of or it may just celebrate something exciting that is happening in school.
If you haven't already signed up to Class Dojo please do so by asking the class teacher for an invite code. If you would like any more information about our Class Dojo please see your child's class teacher or visit Class Dojo.
What will our staff do?
- Promote positive behaviour on Class Dojo
- Share information about events and activities happening in class
- Send out and reply to individual messages if required (During working hours)
- Share links to useful websites, important/interesting information.
- Use Class Dojo to support the children in class and encourage their learning and behaviour.
- Maintain the highest professionalism and security settings at all time when using class dojo.
- Automatically invite parents to join their child's Class Dojo page when they start in their class.
What do we expect our parents to do?
- Check Class Dojo for messages regularly.
- Make sure they appreciate staff well-being and not expect responses immediately (Even if the message has been seen by the class teacher)
- Use Class Dojo to structure a conversation about their child and what they have been learning.
- NOT screenshot or share any content from Class Dojo on social media or other messaging services.
- NOT use it as an outlet to be aggressive or confrontational to staff.
- Arrange to speak to a teacher if you have any concerns that you wish to discuss.
- Not use it as a replacement for face to face discussions.
Please note that any individual who uses Class Dojo to post abusive, defamatory, threatening or offensive comments about staff, pupils or the school will be removed from the site, either temporarily or permanently. Furthermore, any parents who are identified as copying content from Class Dojo to share on social media will also be removed as we need to protect all of our children and staff.